Yellow Rice & Mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ Yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Long-grain rice
- 2 Cups Vegetable stock
- 2 Teaspoon Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- ½ Cup Mexican flavor BLENDABELLA
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, with a tight-fitting lid, over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, turmeric and cook, stirring until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and BLENDABELLA and cook for about 3 minutes more.
- Add stock, salt, and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Cover the rice and reduce heat to a simmer, cook for 15 minutes stirring halfway through.
- Remove the rice from the heat and set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Time: 34 mins Servings: 4-6
Recipe by Blendabella