- 1 Jar Zesty Mexican BLENDABELLA
- 1/2 lb Black beans
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 Medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- To taste Salt
- 6 Tbsp Oil
- In a large pot, cover the beans with cold water by at least 2 inches. Add cumin, paprika, half of the onion, and garlic cloves and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until beans are very tender, about 1 to 2 hours. Season with salt.
- Drain beans, reserving bean-cooking liquid. You should have about 3 cups of cooked beans; if you have more, measure out 3 cups of beans and reserve the rest for another use. Discard onion and garlic.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and lightly golden, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of reserved bean-cooking liquid.
- Using a potato masher, smash the beans to form a chunky purée, or purée beans in a food processor.
- Transfer beans back to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Add in BLENDABELLA and cook until desired consistency. Season with salt and serve.
- Time: 3 hours Servings: 6-8
Recipe by Blendabella