Chicken with White Wine Cream Sauce
- 6 Bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- To taste Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Cup BLENDABELLA Tuscan
- 1 3/4 Cups Dry white wine
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp Minced fresh thyme
- 1 Dry bay leaf
- 1/4 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat two teaspoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown half the chicken on both sides, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a large slow cooker and repeat with another 2 teaspoons olive oil and the remaining chicken.
- Remove any remaining fat in the skillet.
- Heat the remaining teaspoon olive oil in the same pan over medium heat and add the BLENDABELLA Tuscan and white wine.
- Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add this mixture to the slow cooker along with the broth, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours or until the chicken is tender.
- Transfer the chicken to a large serving dish and tent with foil.
- Remove the bay leaf and set the slow cooker to high.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and cream until smooth, then slowly whisk the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook 15-30 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.
- Time: 1 hr 10 mins Servings: 4-6
Recipe by Blendabella