Baked Mushroom Enchiladas
- 1 Cup Cooking oil
- 16 Corn tortillas
- 1 Yellow onion, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, diced
- 1 Cup Zesty Mexican BLENDABELLA
- 1 Cup Cooked shredded beef, chicken, or pork
- 1 Can Black beans
- 2 (10-oz) Cans Enchilada sauce
- 2 Cups Cheese blend, grated or shredded
- To taste Cilantro, sour cream, and/or avocado for garnish
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Pour oil into a medium-sized saucepan and heat until it's hot, but not sizzling. You want to warm the tortillas in the oil, not fry them.
- Using tongs, dip each tortilla, one at a time, into the hot oil until it is warmed through and pliable, about 30 seconds. Remove tortilla from oil and drain it on a paper towel or drying rack.
- To make the filling, In a large pan add mushrooms, onions and jalapenos and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add ½ cup Zesty Mexican BLENDABELLA and cook for another 2 minutes. Then Add the black beans and shredded chicken and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour one can of enchilada sauce into the bottom a 13x9 inch baking dish. Fill up tortillas with the filling and a spoon of Zesty Mexican BLENDABELLA. Lay the tortilla seam side down in the sauce. Repeat steps with the rest of the tortillas layering half of the cheese in between the first and second layers.
- Pour another can of enchilada sauce and unused filling over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until enchiladas are hot throughout and cheese is melted.
- Serve your enchiladas with a spatula. Garnish with cilantro, red onion and avocado.
- Time: 1 hour Servings: 2-6
Recipe by Blendabella