- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium red onion, chopped
- 1 Large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Medium carrots, chopped
- 2 Celery, chopped
- ½ tsp Salt, divided
- 4 Cloves Garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 Large can (28 ounces) Diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 2 Cans (15 ounces each) Black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Jar Mexican BlendaBella
- 2 Cups Vegetable broth or water
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp Chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnishing
- 1 to 2 tsp Sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar or lime juice, to taste
- For garnish Chopped cilantro
- For garnish Sliced avocado
- For garnish Tortilla chips
- For garnish Chopped green onions
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Cook for about 7 to 10 minutes while stirring occasionally, or until the vegetables are tender and the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and oregano. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes and their juices, black beans, Mexican BlendaBella, vegetable broth and bay leaf. Stir to combine and let the mixture come to a simmer. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the chili from heat.
- With an immersion blender blend the chili briefly until it has a thick chunky consistency.
- Time: 1 hr Servings: 6-8
Recipe by Blendabella