Tuscan Quinoa Salad
- 1 Cup Uncooked quinoa, rinsed in a fine-mesh colander
- 2 Cups Cups water/broth
- 1 Jar Tuscan BLENDABELLA
- 1 Medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 Medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ Cup Chopped red onion (from 1 small red onion)
- ¼ Cup Olive oil
- ¼ Cup Lemon juice (from 2 to 3 lemons)
- 1 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ tsp Fine sea salt
- To taste Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the quinoa. Combine rinsed quinoa and the water/broth in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Cover and cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the liquid, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let the quinoa rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large serving bowl, combine Thai BLENDABELLA, cucumber, bell pepper, and onion. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and salt. Whisk until blended, then set aside.
- Once the quinoa is mostly cool, transfer to the serving bowl, and toss the dressing.
- Season with black pepper.
- Time: 15 mins Servings: 4-6
Recipe by Blendabella