Mushroom & Eggplant Lasagna
- 2 Large Eggplants, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 24 oz Part-skim ricotta
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Cup Tuscan BLENDABELLA
- 3 1/2 Cups Marinara sauce
- 16 oz Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp Freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season eggplant slices with salt. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tsp of olive oil to the grill pan.
- Once the pan is hot, grill eggplant slices in batches, for approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add ricotta, egg, parmesan, and Tuscan BLENDABELLA. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Spread a layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Layer 5 to 6 slices of eggplant on top.
- Spread a layer of the cheese mixture on top of the eggplant. Top with a layer of mozzarella. Repeat these layers with the final layer being marinara sauce, followed by a layer of shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 40 minutes, covered with aluminum foil.
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Time: 1 hr 20 mins Servings: 6-8
Recipe by Levi McCurdy
This recipe contains dairy.