Mexican Roasted Chicken
- 1 5 lb whole chicken, giblets and other parts removed
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Cup Zesty Mexican BlendaBella
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Lemons, quartered
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine unsalted butter and 3 Tbsp Zesty Mexican BlendaBella until combined.
- Rub the BLENDABELLA butter underneath the skin of the chicken.
- Rub the outside of the chicken with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, stir together salt, pepper, smoked paprika, cayenne and garlic powder. Rub the outside of the chicken with the spice mixture.
- Add lemons to the cavity of the chicken, along with the remaining BlendaBella. Tie legs together with twine.
- Place chicken in a cast iron skillet or roasting pan.
- Roast for 75 minutes. If the top begins to get too browned, tent with aluminum foil.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Serve immediately.
- Time: 3 hrs Servings: 6-8
Recipe by Blendabella