Mexican Nacho Skillet
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 8 Oz Ground Beef
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Cup Jasmine rice
- 1 Cup Zesty Mexican BLENDABELLA
- 4 Oz Canned diced green chilis
- 1 Cup Corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- To Taste Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Roma Tomatoe
- 2 Tbsp Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Bag Tortilla Chips
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and warm over medium-high heat. Once hot, add ground beef, garlic and onion. Cook until beef has browned, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in rice and toast for approximately 2 minutes in the pan.
- Stir in BLENDABELLA, chilis, and 1 ½ cups water. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Once simmering, stir in corn, chili powder, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper, lightly.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the rice is cooked through, approximately 13 to 16 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with cheeses. Cover until cheese has melted, approximately 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with tomato and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Time: 20 Minutes Servings: 4-6
Recipe by Blendabella