Latin Quinoa Salad
- 1 Cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 Cups Zesty Mexican BLENDABELLA
- 1 1/2 Cups chopped kale
- 1 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 Cup sliced almonds
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Shallot diced
- 3 Cloves garlic, diced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Ttbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add kale and cook until tender and lightly cooked, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm quinoa, BLENDABELLA, kale, cranberries and almonds. Gently toss to combine.
- Heat 3 Tbsp of the oil for the vinaigrette in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and sauté until tender, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Then add lime juice, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and honey. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle salad with the vinaigrette. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Time: 1 hour Servings: 4-6
User submitted recipe by Blendabella