Easy Tuscan Arancini
- 2 Cups Cooked rice
- 1 Cup Tuscan BlendaBella
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 3/4 oz Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- For frying Canola Oil
- To taste Marinara sauce
- In a large bowl, stir together rice, Tuscan BlendaBella, red pepper flakes, and cheese. Place in refrigerator for 30 min to chill.
- Prepare your dredging stations by setting out 2 bowls. In one bowl, add eggs and lightly beat them. In the second bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
- Heat up enough oil for frying in a heavy bottom pan (my oil was about 2” to 3” deep). Heat your oil to 375°F, or, if you don't have a thermometer, once the oil begins to shimmer, drop in a test couple grains of cooled rice — if they start to sizzle, the oil is ready!
- Remove rice mixture from refrigerator. Form balls of rice in your hands, packing them tightly, about 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter. Dip each ball of rice into the breadcrumbs, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs again before carefully adding to the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown, approximately 2 minutes, remove from oil and set on paper towels to drain. Repeat in batches of 3-4, making sure you do not overcrowd the pan.
- Serve immediately with marinara sauce.
- Time: 45 mins Servings: 6-8
Recipe by Blendabella